Woman dies under suspicious circumstances in Bihar
Nawada: A woman died on Tuesday under suspicious circumstances in a village in Bihar`s Nawada district even as the police arrested two persons, including her father in-law, in this connection.
The victim, identified as Mukesh Ram`s wife Sapna Devi (25), died allegedly due to burn injuries after her clothes caught fire from sparks from an earthen oven on which she was cooking meal at her house in Godhanpur village, the Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Akhtar Shaharyar said.
However, her father Sanjay Singh alleged that his daughter was murdered by her in-laws by setting her on fire, he said and claimed that her relatives were committing various atrocities on her for some times, he said.
Singh, a native of Dobhra village, lodged an FIR against her daughter`s father in-law Dilip Ram and another family member who were later arrested and interrogated in this connection, the DSP said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie