Woman dies under suspicious circumstances in Bihar
Nawada: A woman died on Tuesday under suspicious circumstances in a village in Bihar`s Nawada district even as the police arrested two persons, including her father in-law, in this connection.
The victim, identified as Mukesh Ram`s wife Sapna Devi (25), died allegedly due to burn injuries after her clothes caught fire from sparks from an earthen oven on which she was cooking meal at her house in Godhanpur village, the Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Akhtar Shaharyar said.
However, her father Sanjay Singh alleged that his daughter was murdered by her in-laws by setting her on fire, he said and claimed that her relatives were committing various atrocities on her for some times, he said.
Singh, a native of Dobhra village, lodged an FIR against her daughter`s father in-law Dilip Ram and another family member who were later arrested and interrogated in this connection, the DSP said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees