Woman dies under suspicious circumstances in Bihar
Nawada: A woman died on Tuesday under suspicious circumstances in a village in Bihar`s Nawada district even as the police arrested two persons, including her father in-law, in this connection.
The victim, identified as Mukesh Ram`s wife Sapna Devi (25), died allegedly due to burn injuries after her clothes caught fire from sparks from an earthen oven on which she was cooking meal at her house in Godhanpur village, the Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Akhtar Shaharyar said.
However, her father Sanjay Singh alleged that his daughter was murdered by her in-laws by setting her on fire, he said and claimed that her relatives were committing various atrocities on her for some times, he said.
Singh, a native of Dobhra village, lodged an FIR against her daughter`s father in-law Dilip Ram and another family member who were later arrested and interrogated in this connection, the DSP said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row