Woman dies under suspicious circumstances in Bihar
Nawada: A woman died on Tuesday under suspicious circumstances in a village in Bihar`s Nawada district even as the police arrested two persons, including her father in-law, in this connection.
The victim, identified as Mukesh Ram`s wife Sapna Devi (25), died allegedly due to burn injuries after her clothes caught fire from sparks from an earthen oven on which she was cooking meal at her house in Godhanpur village, the Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Akhtar Shaharyar said.
However, her father Sanjay Singh alleged that his daughter was murdered by her in-laws by setting her on fire, he said and claimed that her relatives were committing various atrocities on her for some times, he said.
Singh, a native of Dobhra village, lodged an FIR against her daughter`s father in-law Dilip Ram and another family member who were later arrested and interrogated in this connection, the DSP said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- DDA's next housing scheme could be completely online
- Now tune into popular FM radio stations on trains with Rail Radio Service
- MCI could be dead; new body may nurse medical education in India
- G20 nations warn of Brexit risk to global growth
- Flood threat: Water level on rise in various rivers in Bihar; Kosi, Bagmati flow above danger mark