Woman dies under suspicious circumstances in Bihar
Nawada: A woman died on Tuesday under suspicious circumstances in a village in Bihar`s Nawada district even as the police arrested two persons, including her father in-law, in this connection.
The victim, identified as Mukesh Ram`s wife Sapna Devi (25), died allegedly due to burn injuries after her clothes caught fire from sparks from an earthen oven on which she was cooking meal at her house in Godhanpur village, the Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Akhtar Shaharyar said.
However, her father Sanjay Singh alleged that his daughter was murdered by her in-laws by setting her on fire, he said and claimed that her relatives were committing various atrocities on her for some times, he said.
Singh, a native of Dobhra village, lodged an FIR against her daughter`s father in-law Dilip Ram and another family member who were later arrested and interrogated in this connection, the DSP said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report