Woman killed by brothers for marrying against their will
Munger: In an incident of honour killing, a woman was lynched by her brothers in Bihar`s Munger district on Monday for marrying a man of her choice.
Phulan Devi`s two brothers were angry with her for abandoning her first marriage and marrying a man from a neighbouring village recently, police said.
They mercilessly beat the 25-year-old woman to death before hanging her body on the roof of their house at Gobatta village, the police said.
The woman had been staying in her brothers` house since her first marriage three years ago.
The two brothers are absconding since the incident and an FIR has been lodged against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- HEINOUS: 30-year-old man rapes 4-year-old; DCW chief asks 'when will Delhi be rape free'
- Vijay Mallya's loan default case: DRT to resume hearing on UBHL's plea countering banks
- German bar attacker Syrian, had psychiatric problems
- SHOCKING: When Narsingh Yadav was caught cheating in a Maharashtra police exam!
- Delhi again failed her Nirbhaya, says DCW chief as 14-year-old Dalit rape victim dies