Woman killed by brothers for marrying against their will
Munger: In an incident of honour killing, a woman was lynched by her brothers in Bihar`s Munger district on Monday for marrying a man of her choice.
Phulan Devi`s two brothers were angry with her for abandoning her first marriage and marrying a man from a neighbouring village recently, police said.
They mercilessly beat the 25-year-old woman to death before hanging her body on the roof of their house at Gobatta village, the police said.
The woman had been staying in her brothers` house since her first marriage three years ago.
The two brothers are absconding since the incident and an FIR has been lodged against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi