Woman killed by brothers for marrying against their will
Munger: In an incident of honour killing, a woman was lynched by her brothers in Bihar`s Munger district on Monday for marrying a man of her choice.
Phulan Devi`s two brothers were angry with her for abandoning her first marriage and marrying a man from a neighbouring village recently, police said.
They mercilessly beat the 25-year-old woman to death before hanging her body on the roof of their house at Gobatta village, the police said.
The woman had been staying in her brothers` house since her first marriage three years ago.
The two brothers are absconding since the incident and an FIR has been lodged against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?