Woman killed in Bihar for getting drunk
Patna: A woman was beaten to death for getting drunk by her husband in Bihar`s Purnia district, around 300 km from here, police said.
Mohram Rishi of Purnia`s Basantpur village lost his temper and beat his wife Sumitra Devi with bamboo sticks after he found her drunk. The woman, in her early 40s, succumbed to her injuries later, police said.
Although women in the village are allowed to sell liquor, they are strictly prohibited from consuming it, local police official Sunil Singh said.
An investigation in the case has been launched, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued