Woman, male associate of Jehanabad case abscond from PMCH
Patna: The woman and her male associate arrested and admitted in Patna Medical College and Hospital in connection with the brutal murder of two kidnapped youth today escaped from PMCH, police and hospital officials said.
"When the doctor in the Surgery ward went to see the two ailing kidnap-murder accused in the ward this morning they were not there," Superintendent of PMCH Lakhendra Prasad told.
"The attending doctor in the Surgery ward Bimal Mukesh reported to me about the two absconders," Prasad said.
The woman Sangita Devi and her male associate Munna Kumar were under the custody of Jehanabad police.
Superintendent of Police of Jehanabad Aditya Kumar said that seven police personnel including two sub-inspectors, one assistant sub-inspector and four women police personnel have been suspended in connection with the escapade.
The SP said search was on for the absconders.
Senior Superintendent of Police, Patna, Manu Maharaj said that though Patna police was not involved in guarding the woman and her associate "but we are extending help to Jehanabad counterparts."
The woman and her associate were arrested in the wake of FIR registered by father of one of the youth with town police station in Jehanabad. They had to be hospitalised after being assaulted by a mob in Jehanabad.
The incident drew flak from opposition with the BJP linking it with the poor law and order situation in the state.
Leader of opposition in Legislative Assembly, Nand Kishore Yadav told reporters this was another pointer to the slide in law and order situation under the Jitan Ram Manjhi government.
Minister in-charge Home Vijay Chaudhary termed the incident serious and said the matter would be probed thoroughly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble