Woman shot dead, son injured in Bihar
Begusarai: A woman was shot dead and her son injured by unidentified assailants at a village in Bihar`s Begusarai district, police said on Sunday.
The incident took place at Herat village late last night when the assailants barged into the house of a woman Sita Devi (45) and shot at her from close range, police said.
The woman died on the spot.
The victim`s son Pinkesh Kumar sustained injuries after he too was shot at by the assailants, they said.
The boy was admitted to a hospital, the police said.
Personal enmity was stated to be the motive behind the killing of the woman.
A named FIR has been lodged against Rajiv Singh and four other persons in this connection, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him