Women MLAs have their say in Assembly on Women`s Day
Patna: On International Women`s Day, women
legislators were Tuesday allowed to raise questions and discuss
problems in their constituencies during the Zero Hour in the
Bihar Assembly following an intervention by the Chief
Soon after the end of the Zero Hour, ruling BJP MLA Usha
Vidyarthy wanted to know about the fate of her request to the
Assembly secretariat, seeking permission to raise a question
demanding a statement from the government on the alleged
misbehaviour with journalists at Bihta, on the outskirts of
the state capital recently.
When the Speaker refused to entertain her request,
Vidyarthy said while the entire nation was celebrating Women`s
Day, "we are being ignored here".
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, who was present in the
House, soon intervened and requested the chair to allow the
women legislators to have their say and raise the matter.
The Speaker then relaxed the rules and allowed the BJP
MLA to raise her question during the Zero Hour.
Then one by one, four more women legislators Poonam
Devi, Asha Devi, Muni Devi and Usha Sinha raised questions
about some problems in their respective constituencies.
After allowing the women legislators to raise the
issues, the Speaker said he had respected the sentiments of
the members but "such requests won`t be entertained in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting underway - Big prestige battle for BJP and Shiv Sena
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena marches ahead in Mumbai, but BJP gains lead in Pune, Nashik