Work for secular government in 2014: Lalu Prasad
Patna: The RJD will work to install a secular government in New Delhi following the 2014 polls, Lalu Prasad said here Sunday after he was re-elected as the party chief for the eighth consecutive term.
Lalu Prasad was re-installed the national president of the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) Sunday at a party session in this Bihar capital city.
"The RJD will work hard to put a secular government at the centre after 2014 Lok Sabha polls and in Bihar after 2015 state assembly polls," Lalu Prasad told reporters.
The party`s returning officer and Lok Sabha member, Jagadanand Singh officially announced Lalu Prasad re-elected the national president of the RJD here.
Party MP Ram Kripal Yadav said that nearly 700 delegates from 26 states attended the open session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Diabetes drug may help prevent heart disease
- Kashmir unrest: Mehbooba Mufti meets PM Modi, hits out at Pakistan for openly fuelling tension in Valley
- Watch: Mouni Roy, Sanjeeda Sheikh's crazy 'Afghan Jalebi' act will make your day!
- Outline solutions, don't become roadblock to progressive democracy: BJP tells Mamata
- After Virat Kohli, time for Anil Kumble to work with MS Dhoni - Here's what Jumbo said..