Work for secular government in 2014: Lalu Prasad
Patna: The RJD will work to install a secular government in New Delhi following the 2014 polls, Lalu Prasad said here Sunday after he was re-elected as the party chief for the eighth consecutive term.
Lalu Prasad was re-installed the national president of the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) Sunday at a party session in this Bihar capital city.
"The RJD will work hard to put a secular government at the centre after 2014 Lok Sabha polls and in Bihar after 2015 state assembly polls," Lalu Prasad told reporters.
The party`s returning officer and Lok Sabha member, Jagadanand Singh officially announced Lalu Prasad re-elected the national president of the RJD here.
Party MP Ram Kripal Yadav said that nearly 700 delegates from 26 states attended the open session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar