Work for secular government in 2014: Lalu Prasad
Patna: The RJD will work to install a secular government in New Delhi following the 2014 polls, Lalu Prasad said here Sunday after he was re-elected as the party chief for the eighth consecutive term.
Lalu Prasad was re-installed the national president of the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) Sunday at a party session in this Bihar capital city.
"The RJD will work hard to put a secular government at the centre after 2014 Lok Sabha polls and in Bihar after 2015 state assembly polls," Lalu Prasad told reporters.
The party`s returning officer and Lok Sabha member, Jagadanand Singh officially announced Lalu Prasad re-elected the national president of the RJD here.
Party MP Ram Kripal Yadav said that nearly 700 delegates from 26 states attended the open session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi