World`s largest Hindu temple to come up in Bihar
Patna: Bihar would soon have the world`s
largest Hindu temple to be built on the lines of Combodia`s
Angkor Wat, that currently holds the feat.
The Bihar Mahavir Mandir Trust (BMMT) on Sunday said "they
will build a bigger temple in Bihar`s Vaishali district than
the 12th century Angkor Wat temple in Cambodia."
To be built at a cost of Rs 100 crores, the five-storied
and 222-feet tall temple will come up at a sprawling campus
spread over 15 acres at a place near Ismailpur village on
Hajipur-Bidupur road, which will be christened as Angkor
Nagar, BMMT`s secretary and ex-IPS officer, Acharya Kishore
Land worth around Rs 30 crore has already been acquired
for the purpose from locals, he said.
The proposed temple will be named `Virat Angkor Wat Ram
Mandir` and will house the statues of Lord Radha-Krishna,
Shiva-Parvati, Ganesh, Surya, Vishnu, along with the ten
incarnations of Lord Vishnu.
"It will take up to five years to construct the temple
and another five years to give finishing touches to it," Kunal
On selection of the specific site for construction, he
said the place has mythological significance as it is said
that the deities Ram, Lakshman and Vishvamitra had set foot on
the village and were welcomed by King Sumati of the Vaishali
The `bhumi pujan` for the proposed temple will be held
tomorrow, Kunal said, adding the temple was being constructed
to mark the centenary celebration of BMMTs.
The Angkor Wat temple was built in Cambodia in 12th
century during the rule of then Cambodian King Suryavarman
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!