Youth, girlfriend taken into custody for threatening Minister
Patna: One person was on Friday arrested and
his girlfriend detained on the charge of threatening Bihar
Health minister Ashwini Kumar Choubey.
The police raided a place in Khagaria and arrested Sunil
Kumar Rai after detaining his girl friend Lalita Kumari from
Darbhanga, senior superintendent of police Alok Kumar said.
Rai had sent an SMS to the minister using Kumari`s
mobile phone on March 21.
In the SMS, Rai was alleged to have demanded Rs 20 lakh
from Choubey and threatened to eliminate the minister if he
failed to pay the money.
They were being questioned, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...