Youth, girlfriend taken into custody for threatening Minister
Patna: One person was on Friday arrested and
his girlfriend detained on the charge of threatening Bihar
Health minister Ashwini Kumar Choubey.
The police raided a place in Khagaria and arrested Sunil
Kumar Rai after detaining his girl friend Lalita Kumari from
Darbhanga, senior superintendent of police Alok Kumar said.
Rai had sent an SMS to the minister using Kumari`s
mobile phone on March 21.
In the SMS, Rai was alleged to have demanded Rs 20 lakh
from Choubey and threatened to eliminate the minister if he
failed to pay the money.
They were being questioned, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried