Youth, girlfriend taken into custody for threatening Minister
Patna: One person was on Friday arrested and
his girlfriend detained on the charge of threatening Bihar
Health minister Ashwini Kumar Choubey.
The police raided a place in Khagaria and arrested Sunil
Kumar Rai after detaining his girl friend Lalita Kumari from
Darbhanga, senior superintendent of police Alok Kumar said.
Rai had sent an SMS to the minister using Kumari`s
mobile phone on March 21.
In the SMS, Rai was alleged to have demanded Rs 20 lakh
from Choubey and threatened to eliminate the minister if he
failed to pay the money.
They were being questioned, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death