Youth, girlfriend taken into custody for threatening Minister
Patna: One person was on Friday arrested and
his girlfriend detained on the charge of threatening Bihar
Health minister Ashwini Kumar Choubey.
The police raided a place in Khagaria and arrested Sunil
Kumar Rai after detaining his girl friend Lalita Kumari from
Darbhanga, senior superintendent of police Alok Kumar said.
Rai had sent an SMS to the minister using Kumari`s
mobile phone on March 21.
In the SMS, Rai was alleged to have demanded Rs 20 lakh
from Choubey and threatened to eliminate the minister if he
failed to pay the money.
They were being questioned, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?