Youth shot dead in Bihar
Jehanabad: A youth was on Sunday shot dead allegedly by his kins in Dhelu Bigaha village under Kanko police station area in Bihar`s Jehanabad district, the police said.
The youth, identified as Laldev Yadav (25) was shot dead allegedly by his kins following a land dispute between them, Kanko police station`s Station House Officer (SHO) Ashok Kumar said.
Yadav`s murder took place a day after he had a brawl with his cousin Shailesh Yadav and another cousin who had sold the plot in Kanko bazar yesterday without settling ownership dispute between the two families, he said.
The said plot was jointly purchased by the deceased`s Mundher Yadav and his elder brother Baleshwar Yadav in the latter`s name, but Baleshwar`s son Shailesh not only refused to part with the former`s share, but sold it without settling the dispute, the SHO said.
The murder sparked off a protest by the local people who gheraoed Kanko police station and pelted stones on its premise to protest inaction by the cops, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself