Youth shot dead in Bihar
Jehanabad: A youth was on Sunday shot dead allegedly by his kins in Dhelu Bigaha village under Kanko police station area in Bihar`s Jehanabad district, the police said.
The youth, identified as Laldev Yadav (25) was shot dead allegedly by his kins following a land dispute between them, Kanko police station`s Station House Officer (SHO) Ashok Kumar said.
Yadav`s murder took place a day after he had a brawl with his cousin Shailesh Yadav and another cousin who had sold the plot in Kanko bazar yesterday without settling ownership dispute between the two families, he said.
The said plot was jointly purchased by the deceased`s Mundher Yadav and his elder brother Baleshwar Yadav in the latter`s name, but Baleshwar`s son Shailesh not only refused to part with the former`s share, but sold it without settling the dispute, the SHO said.
The murder sparked off a protest by the local people who gheraoed Kanko police station and pelted stones on its premise to protest inaction by the cops, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!