Youth shot dead in Bihar
Jehanabad (Bihar): A youth was on Sunday
shot dead allegedly by his kins in Dhelu Bigaha village under Kanko police station area in Bihar`s Jehanabad district, the police said.
The youth, identified as Laldev Yadav (25) was shot dead allegedly by his kins following a land dispute between them, Kanko police station`s Station House Officer (SHO) Ashok Kumar said.
Yadav`s murder took place a day after he had a brawl with his cousin Shailesh Yadav and another cousin who had sold the plot in Kanko bazar yesterday without settling ownership dispute between the two families, he said.
The said plot was jointly purchased by the deceased`s Mundher Yadav and his elder brother Baleshwar Yadav in the latter`s name, but Baleshwar`s son Shailesh not only refused to part with the former`s share, but sold it without settling the dispute, the SHO said.
The murder sparked off a protest by the local people who gheraoed Kanko police station and pelted stones on its premise to protest inaction by the cops, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi