Youth shot dead in Bihar
Jehanabad (Bihar): A youth was on Sunday
shot dead allegedly by his kins in Dhelu Bigaha village under Kanko police station area in Bihar`s Jehanabad district, the police said.
The youth, identified as Laldev Yadav (25) was shot dead allegedly by his kins following a land dispute between them, Kanko police station`s Station House Officer (SHO) Ashok Kumar said.
Yadav`s murder took place a day after he had a brawl with his cousin Shailesh Yadav and another cousin who had sold the plot in Kanko bazar yesterday without settling ownership dispute between the two families, he said.
The said plot was jointly purchased by the deceased`s Mundher Yadav and his elder brother Baleshwar Yadav in the latter`s name, but Baleshwar`s son Shailesh not only refused to part with the former`s share, but sold it without settling the dispute, the SHO said.
The murder sparked off a protest by the local people who gheraoed Kanko police station and pelted stones on its premise to protest inaction by the cops, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach