Youth shot dead in Bihar
Jehanabad (Bihar): A youth was on Sunday
shot dead allegedly by his kins in Dhelu Bigaha village under Kanko police station area in Bihar`s Jehanabad district, the police said.
The youth, identified as Laldev Yadav (25) was shot dead allegedly by his kins following a land dispute between them, Kanko police station`s Station House Officer (SHO) Ashok Kumar said.
Yadav`s murder took place a day after he had a brawl with his cousin Shailesh Yadav and another cousin who had sold the plot in Kanko bazar yesterday without settling ownership dispute between the two families, he said.
The said plot was jointly purchased by the deceased`s Mundher Yadav and his elder brother Baleshwar Yadav in the latter`s name, but Baleshwar`s son Shailesh not only refused to part with the former`s share, but sold it without settling the dispute, the SHO said.
The murder sparked off a protest by the local people who gheraoed Kanko police station and pelted stones on its premise to protest inaction by the cops, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India