BJP nominees for Rajasthan Assembly by-polls named
Jaipur: The ruling BJP Tuesday named candidates for three of the four assembly seats in Rajasthan where byelections are scheduled to be held Sep 13.
"The party has fielded Sarita Gaina from Nasirabad in Ajmer district, Gangaram Koli from Weir constituency in Bharatpur district and Sandeep Sharma from Kota South constituency in Kota," said Vimal Katiyar, state convenor media cell of the BJP.
The party is expected to declare its candidate on Surajgarh seat in Jhunjhunu district soon.
The Congress party has already named its candidates for the four constituencies.
The ruling BJP had won all these four seats in the 2013 assembly polls.
The seats fell vacant as party legislators Sanwar Lal Jat from Nasirabad, Om Birla from Kota South, Santosh Ahlawat from Surajgarh and Bahadur Singh Koli from Weir were elected to the Lok Sabha from Ajmer, Kota, Jhunjhunu and Bharatpur constituencies, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey