BJP nominees for Rajasthan Assembly by-polls named
Jaipur: The ruling BJP Tuesday named candidates for three of the four assembly seats in Rajasthan where byelections are scheduled to be held Sep 13.
"The party has fielded Sarita Gaina from Nasirabad in Ajmer district, Gangaram Koli from Weir constituency in Bharatpur district and Sandeep Sharma from Kota South constituency in Kota," said Vimal Katiyar, state convenor media cell of the BJP.
The party is expected to declare its candidate on Surajgarh seat in Jhunjhunu district soon.
The Congress party has already named its candidates for the four constituencies.
The ruling BJP had won all these four seats in the 2013 assembly polls.
The seats fell vacant as party legislators Sanwar Lal Jat from Nasirabad, Om Birla from Kota South, Santosh Ahlawat from Surajgarh and Bahadur Singh Koli from Weir were elected to the Lok Sabha from Ajmer, Kota, Jhunjhunu and Bharatpur constituencies, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?