BJP nominees for Rajasthan Assembly by-polls named
Jaipur: The ruling BJP Tuesday named candidates for three of the four assembly seats in Rajasthan where byelections are scheduled to be held Sep 13.
"The party has fielded Sarita Gaina from Nasirabad in Ajmer district, Gangaram Koli from Weir constituency in Bharatpur district and Sandeep Sharma from Kota South constituency in Kota," said Vimal Katiyar, state convenor media cell of the BJP.
The party is expected to declare its candidate on Surajgarh seat in Jhunjhunu district soon.
The Congress party has already named its candidates for the four constituencies.
The ruling BJP had won all these four seats in the 2013 assembly polls.
The seats fell vacant as party legislators Sanwar Lal Jat from Nasirabad, Om Birla from Kota South, Santosh Ahlawat from Surajgarh and Bahadur Singh Koli from Weir were elected to the Lok Sabha from Ajmer, Kota, Jhunjhunu and Bharatpur constituencies, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- BSF guns down 2 Pakistani, 2 Indian drug smugglers near border in Punjab