Infosys techie murder: Know more Ramkumar, an engineer who brutally killed Swathi
We bring to you few details about Ramkumar, the prime suspect in Infosys techie murder case.
Chennai: Exactly a week after 24-year-old Infosys techie Swathi was hacked to death at the Nungambakkam railway station, the Chennai police arrested the prime suspect behind the murder.
We bring to you details about the suspect, we know so far:
- The accused has been identified as Ramkumar.
- He is 22-year-old and is an engineer by profession. Ramkumar had studied in a private engineering college in Tirunelveli and then come to Chennai in search for a job.
- According to another report, he was an employee at a textile shop in Chennai but was searching for a better job.
- According to police, Ramkumar lived near Swathi's home in Chennai and was stalking her for quite some time. He hails from the Meenakshipuram village in Tenkasi in Tirunelveli.
- He proposed Swathi for marriage on numerous occasions but his advances were turned down every time. Therefore, in a fit of rage, he hatched a plan to attack her for rejecting his marriage proposal.
- After he was arrested, he confessed to his crime and told police that he never meant to kill Swathi but had intentions of harming her for rejecting him despite his repeated efforts.
- Ramkumar's father Paramasivam is an employee at Tamil Nadu BSNL office. His mother Pushpa and two sisters used to stay in a house in Tiruvelveli.
- As soon as the saw police, Ramkumar took a blade from under his bed spread and slashed his throat after which he was rushed to a government hospital.
On Monday, the 'suspected killer' was produced before the court today after which he was sent to 15-day judicial custody.