10 Naxals killed in encounter in Chhattisgarh’s Sukma
Zee Media Bureau
Raipur:>"On spotting the security forces, ultras opened fire and in the retaliatory action, nine rebels were killed and several others were injured," Inspector General of Police, Bastar Range, Himanshu Gupta said.
However, a senior CRPF official said in Delhi that ten Naxals were killed in the encounter.
Meanwhile, a helicopter was rushed from Bhadrachalam in Andhra Pradesh to the encounter site to airlift bodies of the dead Naxals.
The combing operation is still on in the jungle.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'