11 Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Eleven Naxals were arrested from different places in Chhattisgarh`s Bijapur district on Friday, police said.
Bijapur SP BPS Rajbhanu said five Naxals were held in Gangalur and three each from areas falling under Bhairamgarh and Bijapur police.
He said police teams were sent today from the three police stations for patrolling. The team that reached Potampara village found movements of five villagers
suspicious. Later, they were arrested as during interrogation it was realised that they were Naxals and many cases of arson and dacoity were registered against them.
Three Naxals were arrested from Chikha jungle in Bhairamgarh and another three from Bijapur, all of whom were wanted in connection with incidents of killings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog