11 ultras held for spreading Naxal ideology in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Eleven cadres, most of them women, of a cultural front of Maoists, were arrested for allegedly spreading Naxal ideology during their ongoing PLGA week in Chhattisgarh`s Bijapur district, police said today.
"The ultras were nabbed while they were conducting cultural activities near Biriyabhumi village under Bhairamgarh police station limits of south Bastar last evening," a senior police official said.
A team of local police was on a combing operation yesterday in restive Bhairamgarh forest, located around 450 kms away from state capital Raipur.
On reaching near a river close to Biriyabhumi village, the security personnel found some tribal youths attired in traditional costume, chanting songs with anti-government themes to allegedly provoke villagers against the state, the official said.
After a detailed interrogation, they were booked under the provisions of Chhattisgarh Special Public Security Act 2005, he said.
Those arrested were identified as Sukhmati Madkam, Ilo Padiyami, Raje Vekko, Aayati Kunjam, Roddo, Hidme Podiyam, Sunita Poyam, Sunita, Somani Poyam, Dhanne Vekko and Koparam Poyam, all aged around 20 to 23 years and members of Chetna Natya Mandli (CNM) of Maoists.
Naxal literature, musical instruments and articles used while performing cultural activities were seized from their possession, he said.
The banned Communist Party of India (Maoist) is observing Peoples` Liberation of Guerrilla Army (PLGA) week from December 2 to 8 in honour of their slain leaders during which they organise various programmes to spread their propaganda, besides recruiting new youths in their fold.
So far, 15 members of CNM have been arrested during the week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi