12 die in Chhattisgarh wall collapse
Raipur: Twelve labourers were killed Tuesday when a portion of a bungalow of a superintendent of police collapsed in Chhattisgarh following heavy rains, police said.
The incident took place at at officer OP Pal`s bungalow in Ambikapur town of Surguja district, some 350 km north of here.
Pal said that he was on leave and in Uttar Pradesh, his home state.
"I have been told that a shed of my bungalow collapsed where daily wagers gather every day seeking work," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world