12 die in Chhattisgarh wall collapse
Raipur: Twelve labourers were killed Tuesday when a portion of a bungalow of a superintendent of police collapsed in Chhattisgarh following heavy rains, police said.
The incident took place at at officer OP Pal`s bungalow in Ambikapur town of Surguja district, some 350 km north of here.
Pal said that he was on leave and in Uttar Pradesh, his home state.
"I have been told that a shed of my bungalow collapsed where daily wagers gather every day seeking work," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015