12 die in Chhattisgarh wall collapse
Raipur: Twelve labourers were killed Tuesday when a portion of a bungalow of a superintendent of police collapsed in Chhattisgarh following heavy rains, police said.
The incident took place at at officer OP Pal`s bungalow in Ambikapur town of Surguja district, some 350 km north of here.
Pal said that he was on leave and in Uttar Pradesh, his home state.
"I have been told that a shed of my bungalow collapsed where daily wagers gather every day seeking work," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report
- Pakistan denies Dawood's presence in Karachi, says 'UN report motivated by India's aim to malign us'
- 'Chikungunya cases highest this year since 2006'
- Umbilical cells linked to increase risk of obesity: Study
- New movement discovered in blink of an eye