12 die in Chhattisgarh wall collapse
Raipur: Twelve labourers were killed Tuesday when a portion of a bungalow of a superintendent of police collapsed in Chhattisgarh following heavy rains, police said.
The incident took place at at officer OP Pal`s bungalow in Ambikapur town of Surguja district, some 350 km north of here.
Pal said that he was on leave and in Uttar Pradesh, his home state.
"I have been told that a shed of my bungalow collapsed where daily wagers gather every day seeking work," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore