12-year-old tribal girl raped on pretext of marriage
Raipur: A 12-year-old tribal girl was allegedly raped by a youth who made false promises to marry her in Chhattisgarh`s Balrampur district, police said today.
"A native of Udarsai village, the minor girl had gone to her relative`s place at Manoharpur village to attend a wedding when the accused Jagendar Lohar, who was known to her, also reached there," said Balrampur SP GS Darro.
On June 10 evening, Lohar allegedly took the girl along with him and sexually assaulted her on the pretext of marriage.
The duo kept roaming in nearby places for four days and reached Amgaon yesterday from where Lohar fled, leaving the girl behind, the SP said.
"After getting the information about the girl, her relatives reached Amgaon and lodged a complaint with police against Lohar," he said.
Lohar is charged under section 376 (rape) of IPC, section 4 of the Protection of Child from Sexual Offences Act, 2012 and Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribe (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, the officer said, adding that efforts are on to trace the absconding accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!