12-year-old tribal girl raped on pretext of marriage
Raipur: A 12-year-old tribal girl was allegedly raped by a youth who made false promises to marry her in Chhattisgarh`s Balrampur district, police said today.
"A native of Udarsai village, the minor girl had gone to her relative`s place at Manoharpur village to attend a wedding when the accused Jagendar Lohar, who was known to her, also reached there," said Balrampur SP GS Darro.
On June 10 evening, Lohar allegedly took the girl along with him and sexually assaulted her on the pretext of marriage.
The duo kept roaming in nearby places for four days and reached Amgaon yesterday from where Lohar fled, leaving the girl behind, the SP said.
"After getting the information about the girl, her relatives reached Amgaon and lodged a complaint with police against Lohar," he said.
Lohar is charged under section 376 (rape) of IPC, section 4 of the Protection of Child from Sexual Offences Act, 2012 and Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribe (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, the officer said, adding that efforts are on to trace the absconding accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you