13 CRPF jawans injured as vehicle overturns
Raipur: Thirteen CRPF jawans were injured when the mini-truck in which they were travelling overturned in the Maoist-hit Dantewada district on Friday, police said.
The incident took place between Palnar and Sameli villages when the CRPF patrolling party was returning after conducting a search operation in Aranapur police station area of the district this afternoon, Dantewada Superintendent of Police (SP) Narendra Khare told PTI over phone.
Troops of 223 battalion of CRPF were on a combing operation in the region last night and nearly 17 security personnel were returning in the mini-truck to their camp at Palnar. The driver lost control of the vehicle near Sameli village and it overturned leaving 13 jawans injured.
"Four jawans were seriously injured in the mishap and they were airlifted to Raipur for treatment," the SP said.
The other injured jawans were admitted to a local hospital in Dantewada and they were in stable condition,he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!