13 CRPF jawans injured as vehicle overturns
Raipur: Thirteen CRPF jawans were injured when the mini-truck in which they were travelling overturned in the Maoist-hit Dantewada district on Friday, police said.
The incident took place between Palnar and Sameli villages when the CRPF patrolling party was returning after conducting a search operation in Aranapur police station area of the district this afternoon, Dantewada Superintendent of Police (SP) Narendra Khare told PTI over phone.
Troops of 223 battalion of CRPF were on a combing operation in the region last night and nearly 17 security personnel were returning in the mini-truck to their camp at Palnar. The driver lost control of the vehicle near Sameli village and it overturned leaving 13 jawans injured.
"Four jawans were seriously injured in the mishap and they were airlifted to Raipur for treatment," the SP said.
The other injured jawans were admitted to a local hospital in Dantewada and they were in stable condition,he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS