15 child labourers rescued in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Fifteen child labourers were rescued
from Chhattisgarh`s Sarguja district by a special task force,
officials said on Wednesday.
Labour Department task force personnel conducted raids on
brick-kilns, sweet shops, roadside eateries and hotels
Tuesday and freed the under-age workers, they said, adding
these establishments would face action under the Child Labour
(Prohibition and Regulation) Act.
The state government has set up a special task force in
each district to rescue bonded child labourers.
The tribal-dominated state has 244 schools for child
labourers, where 13,000 children are studying, they added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times