15 child labourers rescued in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Fifteen child labourers were rescued
from Chhattisgarh`s Sarguja district by a special task force,
officials said on Wednesday.
Labour Department task force personnel conducted raids on
brick-kilns, sweet shops, roadside eateries and hotels
Tuesday and freed the under-age workers, they said, adding
these establishments would face action under the Child Labour
(Prohibition and Regulation) Act.
The state government has set up a special task force in
each district to rescue bonded child labourers.
The tribal-dominated state has 244 schools for child
labourers, where 13,000 children are studying, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Vyapam scam: Only courts can order CBI probe, says Rajnath Singh