2 CRPF commandos killed in IED blast in Dantewada
Raipur: Two CRPF commandos were killed in an IED blast triggered by Naxalites in Chhattisgarh`s Dantewada district early on Tuesday.
The attack comes just a day after Maoists blew off an anti-landmine vehicle killing a CRPF trooper in the same district.
A Tata-407 vehicle was blown up killing two CoBRA commandos on the spot, senior officials said.
The commandos, identified as constable K P Singh and Mukul Burman, were carrying rations for a CRPF camp nearby when the blast occurred.
Senior officials said the blast took place near Basuguda, where joint security forces had carried out a controversial encounter last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet