2 CRPF commandos killed in IED blast in Dantewada
Raipur: Two CRPF commandos were killed in an IED blast triggered by Naxalites in Chhattisgarh`s Dantewada district early on Tuesday.
The attack comes just a day after Maoists blew off an anti-landmine vehicle killing a CRPF trooper in the same district.
A Tata-407 vehicle was blown up killing two CoBRA commandos on the spot, senior officials said.
The commandos, identified as constable K P Singh and Mukul Burman, were carrying rations for a CRPF camp nearby when the blast occurred.
Senior officials said the blast took place near Basuguda, where joint security forces had carried out a controversial encounter last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31