2 workers from C`garh die after falling from building in AP
Hyderabad: Two workers from Chhattisgarh died on Friday after falling from an under-construction five-storey building at Macha Bolarum near Alwal in Malkajgiri mandal of the neighbouring Ranga Reddy district, officials said.
The deceased were identified as Chetan (28) and Jadu Rai (26). While Rai died on the spot, Chetan succumbed at the hospital.
The bodies were sent to Chhattisgarh after post-mortem.
A prohibition (stop work) notice was issued to KB Reddy, the MD of Skypex Builders Pvt Ltd which was constructing the building, for not providing adequate safety measures.
Action would be also taken against the employer for not following the safety norms under the Building and Other Construction Workers Act, Deputy Commissioner of Labour S Naresh Kumar said.
The builder had not registered the work site and the workers, as required under the Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons