2 workers from C`garh die after falling from building in AP
Hyderabad: Two workers from Chhattisgarh died on Friday after falling from an under-construction five-storey building at Macha Bolarum near Alwal in Malkajgiri mandal of the neighbouring Ranga Reddy district, officials said.
The deceased were identified as Chetan (28) and Jadu Rai (26). While Rai died on the spot, Chetan succumbed at the hospital.
The bodies were sent to Chhattisgarh after post-mortem.
A prohibition (stop work) notice was issued to KB Reddy, the MD of Skypex Builders Pvt Ltd which was constructing the building, for not providing adequate safety measures.
Action would be also taken against the employer for not following the safety norms under the Building and Other Construction Workers Act, Deputy Commissioner of Labour S Naresh Kumar said.
The builder had not registered the work site and the workers, as required under the Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa