2 workers from C`garh die after falling from building in AP
Hyderabad: Two workers from Chhattisgarh died on Friday after falling from an under-construction five-storey building at Macha Bolarum near Alwal in Malkajgiri mandal of the neighbouring Ranga Reddy district, officials said.
The deceased were identified as Chetan (28) and Jadu Rai (26). While Rai died on the spot, Chetan succumbed at the hospital.
The bodies were sent to Chhattisgarh after post-mortem.
A prohibition (stop work) notice was issued to KB Reddy, the MD of Skypex Builders Pvt Ltd which was constructing the building, for not providing adequate safety measures.
Action would be also taken against the employer for not following the safety norms under the Building and Other Construction Workers Act, Deputy Commissioner of Labour S Naresh Kumar said.
The builder had not registered the work site and the workers, as required under the Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report