2 workers from C`garh die after falling from building in AP
Hyderabad: Two workers from Chhattisgarh died on Friday after falling from an under-construction five-storey building at Macha Bolarum near Alwal in Malkajgiri mandal of the neighbouring Ranga Reddy district, officials said.
The deceased were identified as Chetan (28) and Jadu Rai (26). While Rai died on the spot, Chetan succumbed at the hospital.
The bodies were sent to Chhattisgarh after post-mortem.
A prohibition (stop work) notice was issued to KB Reddy, the MD of Skypex Builders Pvt Ltd which was constructing the building, for not providing adequate safety measures.
Action would be also taken against the employer for not following the safety norms under the Building and Other Construction Workers Act, Deputy Commissioner of Labour S Naresh Kumar said.
The builder had not registered the work site and the workers, as required under the Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway