3 Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three Naxals were arrested on Wednesday during a search operation in the Maoist-hit Gariyaband district, 150 kms from here, police said.
"They were nabbed from a forest in Shobha police station area by a team of local police this evening," a senior police official said.
The arrested persons were identified as Govind Netam (25), Bisahu Ram Markam (35) and Dukhlal Netam (27).
According to police, they were involved in spreading Naxal propaganda in the region, besides helping others cadres in supplying the commodities of daily use.
They were also involved in two deadly Naxal attacks on security forces in the past few months in the district, the official said.
Bags of `pithhu` (a cereal-flour), Naxal-literature, pamphlets, uniforms, banners, medicines were also recovered from their possession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen