3 Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three Naxals were arrested on Wednesday during a search operation in the Maoist-hit Gariyaband district, 150 kms from here, police said.
"They were nabbed from a forest in Shobha police station area by a team of local police this evening," a senior police official said.
The arrested persons were identified as Govind Netam (25), Bisahu Ram Markam (35) and Dukhlal Netam (27).
According to police, they were involved in spreading Naxal propaganda in the region, besides helping others cadres in supplying the commodities of daily use.
They were also involved in two deadly Naxal attacks on security forces in the past few months in the district, the official said.
Bags of `pithhu` (a cereal-flour), Naxal-literature, pamphlets, uniforms, banners, medicines were also recovered from their possession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends