3 Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three Naxals were arrested on Wednesday during a search operation in the Maoist-hit Gariyaband district, 150 kms from here, police said.
"They were nabbed from a forest in Shobha police station area by a team of local police this evening," a senior police official said.
The arrested persons were identified as Govind Netam (25), Bisahu Ram Markam (35) and Dukhlal Netam (27).
According to police, they were involved in spreading Naxal propaganda in the region, besides helping others cadres in supplying the commodities of daily use.
They were also involved in two deadly Naxal attacks on security forces in the past few months in the district, the official said.
Bags of `pithhu` (a cereal-flour), Naxal-literature, pamphlets, uniforms, banners, medicines were also recovered from their possession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!