3 Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three Naxals were arrested on Wednesday during a search operation in the Maoist-hit Gariyaband district, 150 kms from here, police said.
"They were nabbed from a forest in Shobha police station area by a team of local police this evening," a senior police official said.
The arrested persons were identified as Govind Netam (25), Bisahu Ram Markam (35) and Dukhlal Netam (27).
According to police, they were involved in spreading Naxal propaganda in the region, besides helping others cadres in supplying the commodities of daily use.
They were also involved in two deadly Naxal attacks on security forces in the past few months in the district, the official said.
Bags of `pithhu` (a cereal-flour), Naxal-literature, pamphlets, uniforms, banners, medicines were also recovered from their possession.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Nirbhaya-like rape in Kerala: Victim had 38-wounds on her body, says autopsy
- Hardik Patel doesn't get bail
- China sends advanced warships to contested S China Sea
- China sends advanced warships to contested south China Sea
- Gautam Khaitan admits to setting up firm through which Agusta bribe money was routed: Sources