3 Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three Naxals were arrested on Wednesday during a search operation in the Maoist-hit Gariyaband district, 150 kms from here, police said.
"They were nabbed from a forest in Shobha police station area by a team of local police this evening," a senior police official said.
The arrested persons were identified as Govind Netam (25), Bisahu Ram Markam (35) and Dukhlal Netam (27).
According to police, they were involved in spreading Naxal propaganda in the region, besides helping others cadres in supplying the commodities of daily use.
They were also involved in two deadly Naxal attacks on security forces in the past few months in the district, the official said.
Bags of `pithhu` (a cereal-flour), Naxal-literature, pamphlets, uniforms, banners, medicines were also recovered from their possession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Manohar Parrikar says Pampore attack an act of frustration; orders probe
- Virat Kohli: Homework was a 'big headache'
- Three more Indian athletes qualify for Rio Olympics
- 'Reprogrammed' bacteria eat carbon dioxide to produce sugars
- Government eliminates 1.6 crore bogus ration cards, to save Rs 10,000 crore