3 policemen injured in landmine blast in Dantewada
Raipur: Three policemen, including a station house officer, were injured in a landmine blast carried out by Maoists in Chhattisgarh`s Dantewada district on Wednesday, police said.
"SHO of Barsoor police station Manish Praihar and two other police personnel were injured in the landmine blast triggered by ultras near Lotpal village, that (also) damaged the police vehicle," Superintendent of Police Narendra Khare said.
The injured were admitted to a government hospital in Dantewada and all were out of danger, he added.
The blast took place as the police team, deployed at Lotpal to ensure security during the annual fair yesterday, was returning in the morning.
A combing operation had been launched to nab the Maoists, Khare said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars