3 policemen injured in landmine blast in Dantewada
Raipur: Three policemen, including a station house officer, were injured in a landmine blast carried out by Maoists in Chhattisgarh`s Dantewada district on Wednesday, police said.
"SHO of Barsoor police station Manish Praihar and two other police personnel were injured in the landmine blast triggered by ultras near Lotpal village, that (also) damaged the police vehicle," Superintendent of Police Narendra Khare said.
The injured were admitted to a government hospital in Dantewada and all were out of danger, he added.
The blast took place as the police team, deployed at Lotpal to ensure security during the annual fair yesterday, was returning in the morning.
A combing operation had been launched to nab the Maoists, Khare said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement