30 IAC activists detained for coal block issue protest
Raipur: Thirty activists of India Against Corruption (IAC) were on Sunday detained, when they marched to the residence of Chhattisgarh chief minister Raman Singh to protest over the issue of coal block allocation, police said.
Raipur Zilla Additional Superintendent of Police Lal Ummed Singh told PTI that the IAC activists, who were marching towards Raman Singh`s residence, were held near the Gass Memorial Ground here and were later released.
The detention came following the gathering of the activists at the ground as part of their gherao agitation on the coal block allocation issue.
IAC activist Uchit Sharma alleged, "The Centre and the state governments were collectively indulging in corruption in coal block allocation. Chief Minister Raman Singh should clarify his stand on this."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'