30 IAC activists detained for coal block issue protest
Raipur: Thirty activists of India Against Corruption (IAC) were on Sunday detained, when they marched to the residence of Chhattisgarh chief minister Raman Singh to protest over the issue of coal block allocation, police said.
Raipur Zilla Additional Superintendent of Police Lal Ummed Singh told PTI that the IAC activists, who were marching towards Raman Singh`s residence, were held near the Gass Memorial Ground here and were later released.
The detention came following the gathering of the activists at the ground as part of their gherao agitation on the coal block allocation issue.
IAC activist Uchit Sharma alleged, "The Centre and the state governments were collectively indulging in corruption in coal block allocation. Chief Minister Raman Singh should clarify his stand on this."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata