30 IAC activists detained for coal block issue protest
Raipur: Thirty activists of India Against Corruption (IAC) were on Sunday detained, when they marched to the residence of Chhattisgarh chief minister Raman Singh to protest over the issue of coal block allocation, police said.
Raipur Zilla Additional Superintendent of Police Lal Ummed Singh told PTI that the IAC activists, who were marching towards Raman Singh`s residence, were held near the Gass Memorial Ground here and were later released.
The detention came following the gathering of the activists at the ground as part of their gherao agitation on the coal block allocation issue.
IAC activist Uchit Sharma alleged, "The Centre and the state governments were collectively indulging in corruption in coal block allocation. Chief Minister Raman Singh should clarify his stand on this."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!