30 IAC activists detained for coal block issue protest
Raipur: Thirty activists of India Against Corruption (IAC) were on Sunday detained, when they marched to the residence of Chhattisgarh chief minister Raman Singh to protest over the issue of coal block allocation, police said.
Raipur Zilla Additional Superintendent of Police Lal Ummed Singh told PTI that the IAC activists, who were marching towards Raman Singh`s residence, were held near the Gass Memorial Ground here and were later released.
The detention came following the gathering of the activists at the ground as part of their gherao agitation on the coal block allocation issue.
IAC activist Uchit Sharma alleged, "The Centre and the state governments were collectively indulging in corruption in coal block allocation. Chief Minister Raman Singh should clarify his stand on this."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics