30 IAC activists detained for coal block issue protest
Raipur: Thirty activists of India Against Corruption (IAC) were on Sunday detained, when they marched to the residence of Chhattisgarh chief minister Raman Singh to protest over the issue of coal block allocation, police said.
Raipur Zilla Additional Superintendent of Police Lal Ummed Singh told PTI that the IAC activists, who were marching towards Raman Singh`s residence, were held near the Gass Memorial Ground here and were later released.
The detention came following the gathering of the activists at the ground as part of their gherao agitation on the coal block allocation issue.
IAC activist Uchit Sharma alleged, "The Centre and the state governments were collectively indulging in corruption in coal block allocation. Chief Minister Raman Singh should clarify his stand on this."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place