5 securitymen killed in Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Five jawans of the Chhattisgarh Armed
Force were killed on Thursday when Naxals opened indiscriminate fire
at them near their camp in Narayanpur district, police said.
Some jawans of the force were involved in their regular
chores near the camp of the 16th Battalion of the force in
Jharaghati village under Dhodhai police limits when the Naxals
started firing at them killing four jawans on the spot,
Rajiv Shrivastav (IG) Naxal Operations said.
Another jawan, injured in the attack, succumbed in
Narayanpur hospital, he said.
The deceased personnel have been identified as Santosh
Pahare, Chandan Singh, Tarachand, Rajendra Diwan and Santosh
Hearing the gunshots, jawans in the camp retaliated after
which the Naxals fled from the spot, 300 kms from here.
The Naxals also decamped with two weapons - an AK-47 and
an INSAS rifle - of the jawans, the senior officer said.
Senior officials have reached the attack site and
anti-naxal operations have been intensified in the area to nab
the Maoists, who numbered around 150 and were hiding in the
area to launch an attack on the police camp.
- DNA: Development in India is non-existent when people are dying of thirst and hunger
- DNA: Millions of tonnes of grains in warehouses go to waste while people die of hunger
- DNA: Analysis of how issues of importance are given no leverage in Parliament
- DNA: Mobile phone addiction takes on a new level; spreads like a disease
- DNA: Mobile phone addiction takes on a new level; spreads like a disease - PartII
- AgustaWestland probe will focus on names in Italy court judgement, says Manohar Parrikar
- Goa MLA Atanasio Monserrate booked for raping minor
- Kasich dropping out of US presidential race: Report
- Indian woman wins gender discrimination case against Wipro in Britain
- Chopper deal: I blacklisted AgustaWestland, not UPA, says Arun Jaitley