9 engineers suspended in Chhattisgarh for sub-standard work
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Government has suspended five assistant engineers and four sub-engineers of Water Resources Department over irregularities in execution of an irrigation project in Bilaspur division, a top official said today.
The irregularities related to extension, renovation and modernisation of canals under Minimata Bango dam project.
The officials were suspended after the Department`s Chief Engineer H R Kutare and a flying squad conducted a surprise check of different canals?under the project on June 12, Water Resources Secretary?Ganesh Shankar Mishra said.
During the inspection, they found poor quality work, and violation of Government rules in the extension, renovation and modernisation of minor and branch canals at Akaltara, Champa and Kera, he said.
On the basis of findings, two suspension orders were issued last night here from Mantralaya (state secretariat). Those suspended are P D Khalkho, A Toppo, S Minj, Malik Ram Sahu and D S Kunjam (all assistant engineers) and M R Soni, B N Upadhyaya, M L Gulavani and R R Dewangan (sub-engineers).
Besides, the department has served show-cause notices to Executive Engineer A K Shrivastav, Superintending Engineer (Korba) S K Pathak, Chief Engineer A K Dubey and two Assistant Research Officers Mithlesh Shukla and Nawaj Khan in this connection, Mishra said.
The action followed persistent complaints from water consumer firms in the region about sub-standard quality of work in several construction schemes under the project.
Contractors Achhelal Agrawal and Visnhu Sharma are also facing appropriate action like withholding of payments to them, the Secretary added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- MPCA to decide on holding elections in Monday's AGM
- The solar system is home to millions of Jupiter-like planets, reveals NASA!
- Force India move up to fourth after strong finish in Belgium
- If Kashmir issue is not resolved under Modi, it will never be resolved: Mehbooba
- Magical Ravichandran Ashwin hits 200; Lendl Simmons becomes his latest bunny