9 engineers suspended in Chhattisgarh for sub-standard work
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Government has suspended five assistant engineers and four sub-engineers of Water Resources Department over irregularities in execution of an irrigation project in Bilaspur division, a top official said today.
The irregularities related to extension, renovation and modernisation of canals under Minimata Bango dam project.
The officials were suspended after the Department`s Chief Engineer H R Kutare and a flying squad conducted a surprise check of different canals?under the project on June 12, Water Resources Secretary?Ganesh Shankar Mishra said.
During the inspection, they found poor quality work, and violation of Government rules in the extension, renovation and modernisation of minor and branch canals at Akaltara, Champa and Kera, he said.
On the basis of findings, two suspension orders were issued last night here from Mantralaya (state secretariat). Those suspended are P D Khalkho, A Toppo, S Minj, Malik Ram Sahu and D S Kunjam (all assistant engineers) and M R Soni, B N Upadhyaya, M L Gulavani and R R Dewangan (sub-engineers).
Besides, the department has served show-cause notices to Executive Engineer A K Shrivastav, Superintending Engineer (Korba) S K Pathak, Chief Engineer A K Dubey and two Assistant Research Officers Mithlesh Shukla and Nawaj Khan in this connection, Mishra said.
The action followed persistent complaints from water consumer firms in the region about sub-standard quality of work in several construction schemes under the project.
Contractors Achhelal Agrawal and Visnhu Sharma are also facing appropriate action like withholding of payments to them, the Secretary added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured