Amit Jogi attacked, taken to Delhi for treatment
Damoh: Former Chhattisgarh Chief
Minister Ajit Jogi`s son Amit was attacked allegedly by BJP
workers last night injuring him seriously, following which he
was air-lifted to Delhi from Jabalpur on Friday for treatment.
Amit was having tea at Tendukheda in the district at the
residence of former Nagar Panchayat President, Ram Kumar Sahu,
when some persons stated to be ruling party workers arrived
asking for the Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh
Assembly, Ajay Singh, Congress sources said.
When they did not find Ajay and spotted Amit Jogi, who
was about to board his vehicle, they attacked him and damaged
the SUV, they said.
Besides Amit, his gunman Anil Chouhan and friend Sandeep
Sahu were also manhandled.
Amit sustained serious injuries in his eyes following
which he was rushed to Jabalpur and from there he was flown to
Delhi for treatment, the sources said.
Amit had gone there to campaign for Congress candidate
and his relative Tanya Solomon, daughter of former Minister
Late Ratnesh Solomon whose death necessitated the by-poll in
Damoh`s Superintendent of Police (SP) DK Arya told
reporters that as per the Election Commission`s directives,
section 144 was imposed in the area and no outsider was
allowed to remain in the constituency after the campaign for
the Jabera assembly seat by-poll ended.
A case was registered against Amit for remaining in the
constituency even after the campaigning ended under relevant
sections while on the complaint of junior Jogi a case was
registered against Vinod Gotiya, state BJP Vice President, and
others for attacking him, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH