Anti-graft movement led by Anna Hazare was political: Vishwas
Raipur: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) member Kumar Vishwas on Sunday claimed that the anti-corruption movement led by Anna Hazare before Team Anna was disbanded had been "political" in nature given the reforms it wanted to bring forth.
"It was a political movement from day one as we were fighting against government to bring political reforms," he told reporters here.
When asked whether Anna Hazare was aware of the political overtone of the anti-graft movement under him, Vishwas evaded a direct reply saying "Anna was the inspiration of the movement."
Vishwas said if government brings Lokapal Bill and other reforms, the AAP is ready to dissolve itself.
"If Parliament brings Lokpal Bill, Right to Reject, Right to Recall and Gram Swaraj even a month ahead of Lok Sabha elections, we are ready to dissolve AAP," he claimed.
When asked about the agenda of the party, Vishwas said, "AAP is not interested in doing politics. We just wanted to bring some fundamental changes."
Hinting that next political "expose" will unfold in Chhattisgarh, the AAP leader said the party has collected evidences of corruption against five top ministers of the state.
"People here have provided documents against five ministers of the state and very soon a press conference will be held to expose them," he said, refusing to elaborate.
Criticising the ruling BJP government and Opposition Congress, Vishwas said bringing in the third option was "the need of the hour" in Chhattisgarh.
When the Jan Lokpal movement was at its peak last year, Hazare had ruled out reports that the movement was taking a political hue.
Former Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal`s move to chart the political course was believed to be the cause behind the split last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read