Anti-graft movement led by Anna Hazare was political: Vishwas
Raipur: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) member Kumar Vishwas on Sunday claimed that the anti-corruption movement led by Anna Hazare before Team Anna was disbanded had been "political" in nature given the reforms it wanted to bring forth.
"It was a political movement from day one as we were fighting against government to bring political reforms," he told reporters here.
When asked whether Anna Hazare was aware of the political overtone of the anti-graft movement under him, Vishwas evaded a direct reply saying "Anna was the inspiration of the movement."
Vishwas said if government brings Lokapal Bill and other reforms, the AAP is ready to dissolve itself.
"If Parliament brings Lokpal Bill, Right to Reject, Right to Recall and Gram Swaraj even a month ahead of Lok Sabha elections, we are ready to dissolve AAP," he claimed.
When asked about the agenda of the party, Vishwas said, "AAP is not interested in doing politics. We just wanted to bring some fundamental changes."
Hinting that next political "expose" will unfold in Chhattisgarh, the AAP leader said the party has collected evidences of corruption against five top ministers of the state.
"People here have provided documents against five ministers of the state and very soon a press conference will be held to expose them," he said, refusing to elaborate.
Criticising the ruling BJP government and Opposition Congress, Vishwas said bringing in the third option was "the need of the hour" in Chhattisgarh.
When the Jan Lokpal movement was at its peak last year, Hazare had ruled out reports that the movement was taking a political hue.
Former Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal`s move to chart the political course was believed to be the cause behind the split last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past