Anti-Maoist drive halted in Chhattisgarh: Jogi
Raipur: Chhattisgarh has halted the anti-Maoist drive in the state despite the rising hold of rebels in new areas, Congress leader and former chief minister Ajit Jogi charged Monday.
"Chhattisgarh has halted its anti-Maoist drive, though rebels have expanded their bases in new areas and villages close to national highways. The rebels continue to kill civilians," Jogi said in a statement.
Even legislators seek security to enter into their own constituencies in majority of the districts due to fear of Maoists, he added.
But sources here at police headquarters rejected the charges and said that state is presently carrying out a "stepped-up anti-Maoist drive in forested areas".
"Maoists did not manage to target either civilians or police forces in past four months which is the longest peaceful period in the state since year 2005. The anti-Maoist drive is in top gear in the rebels` strongholds and they are forced to run for cover," a senior police official remarked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you