Anti-Naxal drive: CRPF to carry out plan with state police
New Delhi: With coordination issues between central and state forces being raised in the wake of the Dantewada massacre, the CRPF on Thursday said it is conducting anti-Maoist operations in close consulation with Chhattisgarh police and a joint offensive will be carried out.
"We will do our planning in close consultation with the state DGP and the state officers. We will have good coordination with them and it will be a joint plan," CRPF Director General Vikram Srivastava said referring to the intensification of the anti-Naxal operations.
Issues relating to coordination among police forces were at the centre of Union Home Minister P Chidambaram`s discussions with the officials of the Chhattisgarh police and para-military forces during his visit to the state yesterday in the aftermath of the killing of 75 CRPF men and one policeman by the Naxals in Dantewada.
While at a press conference, the Home Minister had maintained there was no lack of coordination, official sources had said that during a closed-door meeting with functionaries of the two forces, Chidambaram had spared none and asked them to show greater coordination and understanding during operations in the thick jungles of Dantewada.
On coordination, Srivastava said that there was no difficulty as far as the CRPF was concerned and that it "is as desired."
"There is no problem in coordination. The state officers never command the field commanders. They are in touch in a coordinated way," he said.
Deputy Inspector General of Police, Dantewada SRP Kalluri had during media interactions on Tuesday claimed that the state police was not aware of CRPF movement in the jungles.
Srivastava said the CRPF contingent, which was attacked
by the Maoists, was on an area domination duty and the men
fought bravely. "We will contain this problem," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon