Appointment row: SC notice on Chattisgarh judges
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday issued
notice to the Chhatisgarh High Court registry on a PIL
alleging manipulations and irregularities in the conduct of
civil judges exam-2008 to favour candidates related to certain
judges, bureaucrats and politicians.
A bench of Justices R M Lodha and H L Gokhale issued the
direction after counsel Prashant Bhushan appearing for Centre
for Public Interest Litigation(CPIL) submitted that no action
has been taken on the allegations even though the matter was
brought to the notice of the then Chief Justice of India in
"The entire selection process of the exam is vitiated by
favouritism and malafide, as candidates are close relatives of
the senior judges and bureaucrats.
"The intelligent and suitable candidates have been
sidelined to favour certain candidates related to senior
judges and bureaucrats. The close scrutiny of the answer
sheets of the successful candidates related to the judges, law
secretary etc. indicates that the answer sheets of these
candidates has been manipulated to give unfair advantage
to them," the petition said.
The petition alleged that a number of relatives and
associates of sitting judges, bureaucrats and politicians have
been selected by employing fraudulent means such as
manipulations of answer sheets and serious irregularities in
the evaluation of answer sheets etc.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why