Armed force jawan killed in Naxal attack in Sukma district
Raipur: In yet another Naxal attack in the state, a Chhattisgarh Armed Force (CAF) jawan was killed when the ultras opened fire at his camp in Maoist-infested Sukma district on Sunday, police said.
"Samaylal Kanwar, a native of Janjgir-Champa district, killed after rebels attacked at the camp of 9th and 13th battalion of CAF at Temelwada village under Dornapal region of the district," Sukma Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) SR Bhagat told PTI over phone.
When the jawans were at the camp, ultras opened indiscriminate firing at them and left one jawan dead.
However, when the security forces opened retaliatory firing, the Naxals disappeared into the jungles, he added.
Security forces have initiated a combing operation in the region to nab the attackers, he added.
Meanwhile, three CAF personnel were killed in the Naxal attack at the Doordarshan relay centre in Bastar district in the wee hours today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family