Armed force jawan killed in Naxal attack in Sukma district
Raipur: In yet another Naxal attack in the state, a Chhattisgarh Armed Force (CAF) jawan was killed when the ultras opened fire at his camp in Maoist-infested Sukma district on Sunday, police said.
"Samaylal Kanwar, a native of Janjgir-Champa district, killed after rebels attacked at the camp of 9th and 13th battalion of CAF at Temelwada village under Dornapal region of the district," Sukma Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) SR Bhagat told PTI over phone.
When the jawans were at the camp, ultras opened indiscriminate firing at them and left one jawan dead.
However, when the security forces opened retaliatory firing, the Naxals disappeared into the jungles, he added.
Security forces have initiated a combing operation in the region to nab the attackers, he added.
Meanwhile, three CAF personnel were killed in the Naxal attack at the Doordarshan relay centre in Bastar district in the wee hours today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP