Armed force jawan killed in Naxal attack in Sukma district
Raipur: In yet another Naxal attack in the state, a Chhattisgarh Armed Force (CAF) jawan was killed when the ultras opened fire at his camp in Maoist-infested Sukma district on Sunday, police said.
"Samaylal Kanwar, a native of Janjgir-Champa district, killed after rebels attacked at the camp of 9th and 13th battalion of CAF at Temelwada village under Dornapal region of the district," Sukma Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) SR Bhagat told PTI over phone.
When the jawans were at the camp, ultras opened indiscriminate firing at them and left one jawan dead.
However, when the security forces opened retaliatory firing, the Naxals disappeared into the jungles, he added.
Security forces have initiated a combing operation in the region to nab the attackers, he added.
Meanwhile, three CAF personnel were killed in the Naxal attack at the Doordarshan relay centre in Bastar district in the wee hours today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...