`Army won’t take part in anti-Naxal operations`
Raipur: Though the Army is setting up a
training centre in Bastar, it has no intention to take part in
anti-Naxal operations there, a top officer said on Tuesday.
Lieutenant General V K Ahluwalia, General Officer
Commanding-in-Chief told reporters here that Chhattisgarh
government offered land to the Army where it was setting up a
"It is for training purposes only," he said, adding Army
would not be involved in anti-Naxal campaigns as it considered
Naxals to be Indian citizens.
When asked how the Army would react if the outlaws
attacked the training facility, he said Army knew how to deal
with such situations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman