`Army won’t take part in anti-Naxal operations`
Raipur: Though the Army is setting up a
training centre in Bastar, it has no intention to take part in
anti-Naxal operations there, a top officer said on Tuesday.
Lieutenant General V K Ahluwalia, General Officer
Commanding-in-Chief told reporters here that Chhattisgarh
government offered land to the Army where it was setting up a
"It is for training purposes only," he said, adding Army
would not be involved in anti-Naxal campaigns as it considered
Naxals to be Indian citizens.
When asked how the Army would react if the outlaws
attacked the training facility, he said Army knew how to deal
with such situations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- 'Saffron party will still face defeat in the upcoming assembly elections', BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna Joshi jump
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh