Around 1.5 lakh ration cards cancelled in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Following the distribution of foodgrains at lower rates to poor people, the Chhattisgarh government has cancelled around 1.5 lakh ration cards in some of the districts in the state, official sources said Monday.
With a view to give benefits of cheap food grains to the destitute under the public distribution system, the state government has cancelled ration cards of 1.45 lakh persons who do not come under the BPL, they said.
More than 32 lakh BPL ration card holders in the state
will get cheap food grains and free salt. Earlier, 36 lakh
ration card holders were given food grains at an affordable rate, they said.
The verification of the prevalent ration cards will be
done starting from October 25 in the urban areas, they said.
Principle Secretary for Food and Supply Vivek Dhand
said that out of the 1.25 lakh ration cards in Kabirdhaam
district, 3,018 ration cards have been cancelled.
Similarly, in Kakner district, out of 1.6 lakh ration
cards, 1,254, in Korba district, out of the 1.60 ration cards,
5,521 ration cards have been cancelled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Nation bids tearful adieu to APJ Abdul Kalam in Rameswaram
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!