Around 1.5 lakh ration cards cancelled in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Following the distribution of foodgrains at lower rates to poor people, the Chhattisgarh government has cancelled around 1.5 lakh ration cards in some of the districts in the state, official sources said Monday.
With a view to give benefits of cheap food grains to the destitute under the public distribution system, the state government has cancelled ration cards of 1.45 lakh persons who do not come under the BPL, they said.
More than 32 lakh BPL ration card holders in the state
will get cheap food grains and free salt. Earlier, 36 lakh
ration card holders were given food grains at an affordable rate, they said.
The verification of the prevalent ration cards will be
done starting from October 25 in the urban areas, they said.
Principle Secretary for Food and Supply Vivek Dhand
said that out of the 1.25 lakh ration cards in Kabirdhaam
district, 3,018 ration cards have been cancelled.
Similarly, in Kakner district, out of 1.6 lakh ration
cards, 1,254, in Korba district, out of the 1.60 ration cards,
5,521 ration cards have been cancelled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers