Around 1.5 lakh ration cards cancelled in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Following the distribution of foodgrains at lower rates to poor people, the Chhattisgarh government has cancelled around 1.5 lakh ration cards in some of the districts in the state, official sources said Monday.
With a view to give benefits of cheap food grains to the destitute under the public distribution system, the state government has cancelled ration cards of 1.45 lakh persons who do not come under the BPL, they said.
More than 32 lakh BPL ration card holders in the state
will get cheap food grains and free salt. Earlier, 36 lakh
ration card holders were given food grains at an affordable rate, they said.
The verification of the prevalent ration cards will be
done starting from October 25 in the urban areas, they said.
Principle Secretary for Food and Supply Vivek Dhand
said that out of the 1.25 lakh ration cards in Kabirdhaam
district, 3,018 ration cards have been cancelled.
Similarly, in Kakner district, out of 1.6 lakh ration
cards, 1,254, in Korba district, out of the 1.60 ration cards,
5,521 ration cards have been cancelled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand