Around 1.5 lakh ration cards cancelled in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Following the distribution of foodgrains at lower rates to poor people, the Chhattisgarh government has cancelled around 1.5 lakh ration cards in some of the districts in the state, official sources said Monday.
With a view to give benefits of cheap food grains to the destitute under the public distribution system, the state government has cancelled ration cards of 1.45 lakh persons who do not come under the BPL, they said.
More than 32 lakh BPL ration card holders in the state
will get cheap food grains and free salt. Earlier, 36 lakh
ration card holders were given food grains at an affordable rate, they said.
The verification of the prevalent ration cards will be
done starting from October 25 in the urban areas, they said.
Principle Secretary for Food and Supply Vivek Dhand
said that out of the 1.25 lakh ration cards in Kabirdhaam
district, 3,018 ration cards have been cancelled.
Similarly, in Kakner district, out of 1.6 lakh ration
cards, 1,254, in Korba district, out of the 1.60 ration cards,
5,521 ration cards have been cancelled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145