Attack on Salwa Judum camps: Police stations put on alert
Raipur: A day after Maoists targeted six
Salwa Judum camps located near CRPF and police units in
Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh, all police stations have
been put on alert and search operations have been launched.
Police officials in Dantewada today said that combing
operations have been intensified in wake of the attack last
night and searches have been initiated to nab the naxals
involved in firing at six places--Injaram, Bhejji, Arrabore,
Gorkha, Gonta and Maruiguda.
Also, security has been stepped in all Salwa Judum camps,
Salwa Judum is anti-Maoist force comprising armed
civilians with the tacit support of Chhattisgarh government.
The Naxals had resorted to heaving firing in Injaram and
Arrabore triggering a gun battle with the security personnel
yesterday. They had also set off an improvised explosive
device (IED) at Gadiras area of the district.
However, there were no causalities on the either side,
Maoists had attacked the house of a Congress leader in
Dantewada district on July 8 killing two of his relatives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance