Autopsy report confirms rape, murder of girl
Raipur: Postmortem report of the nine-year-old girl found dead under mysterious circumstances in Durg district of Chhattisgarh on Tuesday, has confirmed that she was raped before being murdered, police said on Wednesday.
"The autopsy report of the girl has confirmed that she was raped, following which police have added Sections 376 (rape) and 302 (murder) in the FIR registered against unidentified persons in this regard," a senior police officer said today.
The girl, who was found dumped in a ground adjacent to her house here with serious injuries last morning died in a government hospital later in the evening, police said.
She went missing from her house under Mohan Nagar police station area on Monday night.
Police had initially registered a case under Section 365 (kidnapping or abducting with intent secretly and wrongfully to confine person) of IPC in this regard.
The officer said that some youths were picked up in connection with the case but no arrests have been made so far.
Meanwhile, taking serious view of the alleged rape-cum-murder of the minor, opposition Congress today announced setting up of a seven-member fact finding committee under Bemetara MLA Tamradhwaj Sahu, said the state Congress spokesperson Shailesh Nitin Trivedi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them