Autopsy report confirms rape, murder of girl
Raipur: Postmortem report of the nine-year-old girl found dead under mysterious circumstances in Durg district of Chhattisgarh on Tuesday, has confirmed that she was raped before being murdered, police said on Wednesday.
"The autopsy report of the girl has confirmed that she was raped, following which police have added Sections 376 (rape) and 302 (murder) in the FIR registered against unidentified persons in this regard," a senior police officer said today.
The girl, who was found dumped in a ground adjacent to her house here with serious injuries last morning died in a government hospital later in the evening, police said.
She went missing from her house under Mohan Nagar police station area on Monday night.
Police had initially registered a case under Section 365 (kidnapping or abducting with intent secretly and wrongfully to confine person) of IPC in this regard.
The officer said that some youths were picked up in connection with the case but no arrests have been made so far.
Meanwhile, taking serious view of the alleged rape-cum-murder of the minor, opposition Congress today announced setting up of a seven-member fact finding committee under Bemetara MLA Tamradhwaj Sahu, said the state Congress spokesperson Shailesh Nitin Trivedi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon