Babbar Khalsa terrorist held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A Babar Khalsa terrorist was arrested in Chhattisgarh and handed over to police in Punjab, police said Sunday.
"The terrorist, Nirmal Singh alias Nimma, 44, was picked up from Raipur Saturday midnight based on specific intelligence input and was handed over to a Punjab police team Sunday evening," Om Prakash Pal, Superintendent of Police Raipur district, told IANS.
The militant belonged to the banned Babbar Khalsa International group, he said.
"Investigations are on why was he hiding in Chhattisgarh capital. Further details can be given only by the Punjab police," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB