Babbar Khalsa terrorist held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A Babar Khalsa terrorist was arrested in Chhattisgarh and handed over to police in Punjab, police said Sunday.
"The terrorist, Nirmal Singh alias Nimma, 44, was picked up from Raipur Saturday midnight based on specific intelligence input and was handed over to a Punjab police team Sunday evening," Om Prakash Pal, Superintendent of Police Raipur district, told IANS.
The militant belonged to the banned Babbar Khalsa International group, he said.
"Investigations are on why was he hiding in Chhattisgarh capital. Further details can be given only by the Punjab police," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley