Balram Das Tandon sworn in as Governor of Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Senior BJP leader and former Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Balramji Das Tandon was sworn in as the Governor of Chhattisgarh on Friday.
He succeeds Madhya Pradesh Governor Ram Naresh Yadav who was recently appointed as acting governor of Chhattisgarh after the resignation of Shekhar Dutt.
Chief Justice Yatindra Singh of the High Court, Bilaspur administered the oath?of office to Tandon during a function organised here at Raj Bhawan.
Speaking to reporters after the swearing-in ceremony, Governor Tandon said, "I congratulate the people of the state and extend my best wishes to them. I wish the state will march ahead on the path of development".
After the oath taking ceremony, the Governor was given a ceremonial guard of honour at the Raj Bhawan lawns. The Governor was accompanied to the ceremonial guard by Chief Secretary Vivek Dhand and senior police officials.
On the occasion, Chief Minister Raman Singh, Assembly Speaker Gaurishankar Agrawal, Leader of Opposition T S Singhdeo, cabinet ministers and senior officials were present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners
- Political novice Gudni Johannesson elected Iceland president amid football fever