Balram Das Tandon sworn in as Governor of Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Senior BJP leader and former Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Balramji Das Tandon was sworn in as the Governor of Chhattisgarh on Friday.
He succeeds Madhya Pradesh Governor Ram Naresh Yadav who was recently appointed as acting governor of Chhattisgarh after the resignation of Shekhar Dutt.
Chief Justice Yatindra Singh of the High Court, Bilaspur administered the oath?of office to Tandon during a function organised here at Raj Bhawan.
Speaking to reporters after the swearing-in ceremony, Governor Tandon said, "I congratulate the people of the state and extend my best wishes to them. I wish the state will march ahead on the path of development".
After the oath taking ceremony, the Governor was given a ceremonial guard of honour at the Raj Bhawan lawns. The Governor was accompanied to the ceremonial guard by Chief Secretary Vivek Dhand and senior police officials.
On the occasion, Chief Minister Raman Singh, Assembly Speaker Gaurishankar Agrawal, Leader of Opposition T S Singhdeo, cabinet ministers and senior officials were present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Libya parliament rejects UN-backed unity government
- Ind vs WI: Day 5 washed out, Virat Kohli & co win series 2-0 but lose top ranking
- John Kerry urges deployment of South Sudan protection force
- BSF troops deployed in J&K after 12 years
- Authorities initiate action to evict Payal Abdullah from J&K govt bungalow in Delhi