Balram Das Tandon sworn in as Governor of Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Senior BJP leader and former Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Balramji Das Tandon was sworn in as the Governor of Chhattisgarh on Friday.
He succeeds Madhya Pradesh Governor Ram Naresh Yadav who was recently appointed as acting governor of Chhattisgarh after the resignation of Shekhar Dutt.
Chief Justice Yatindra Singh of the High Court, Bilaspur administered the oath?of office to Tandon during a function organised here at Raj Bhawan.
Speaking to reporters after the swearing-in ceremony, Governor Tandon said, "I congratulate the people of the state and extend my best wishes to them. I wish the state will march ahead on the path of development".
After the oath taking ceremony, the Governor was given a ceremonial guard of honour at the Raj Bhawan lawns. The Governor was accompanied to the ceremonial guard by Chief Secretary Vivek Dhand and senior police officials.
On the occasion, Chief Minister Raman Singh, Assembly Speaker Gaurishankar Agrawal, Leader of Opposition T S Singhdeo, cabinet ministers and senior officials were present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail