Balram Das Tandon sworn in as Governor of Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Senior BJP leader and former Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Balramji Das Tandon was sworn in as the Governor of Chhattisgarh on Friday.
He succeeds Madhya Pradesh Governor Ram Naresh Yadav who was recently appointed as acting governor of Chhattisgarh after the resignation of Shekhar Dutt.
Chief Justice Yatindra Singh of the High Court, Bilaspur administered the oath?of office to Tandon during a function organised here at Raj Bhawan.
Speaking to reporters after the swearing-in ceremony, Governor Tandon said, "I congratulate the people of the state and extend my best wishes to them. I wish the state will march ahead on the path of development".
After the oath taking ceremony, the Governor was given a ceremonial guard of honour at the Raj Bhawan lawns. The Governor was accompanied to the ceremonial guard by Chief Secretary Vivek Dhand and senior police officials.
On the occasion, Chief Minister Raman Singh, Assembly Speaker Gaurishankar Agrawal, Leader of Opposition T S Singhdeo, cabinet ministers and senior officials were present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena