Balram Das Tandon sworn in as Governor of Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Senior BJP leader and former Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Balramji Das Tandon was sworn in as the Governor of Chhattisgarh on Friday.
He succeeds Madhya Pradesh Governor Ram Naresh Yadav who was recently appointed as acting governor of Chhattisgarh after the resignation of Shekhar Dutt.
Chief Justice Yatindra Singh of the High Court, Bilaspur administered the oath?of office to Tandon during a function organised here at Raj Bhawan.
Speaking to reporters after the swearing-in ceremony, Governor Tandon said, "I congratulate the people of the state and extend my best wishes to them. I wish the state will march ahead on the path of development".
After the oath taking ceremony, the Governor was given a ceremonial guard of honour at the Raj Bhawan lawns. The Governor was accompanied to the ceremonial guard by Chief Secretary Vivek Dhand and senior police officials.
On the occasion, Chief Minister Raman Singh, Assembly Speaker Gaurishankar Agrawal, Leader of Opposition T S Singhdeo, cabinet ministers and senior officials were present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes