Ban on liquor sale in Chhattisgarh soon
Raipur: The BJP Government in Chhattisgarh is all set to ban liquor in the state, officials said on Saturday.
Chief Minister Raman Singh yesterday said at a function that his Government has made up its mind to ban the sale and manufacture of alcohol in the state, officials said.
Singh has said Chhattisgarh is ready to forgo the revenues generated by the liquor business and become a "model state" in alcohol prohibition, they stated.
Besides liquor, the Chief Minister also stressed on the importance to free the tribal-dominated state from consumption of tobacco and drugs, they added.
Enactment of laws is not enough to realise this goal. What is important is public awareness about the harmful effects of these substances, Singh said, adding that the
Government had already taken steps, in phases, to curb sale of liquor in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics