Ban on liquor sale in Chhattisgarh soon
Raipur: The BJP Government in Chhattisgarh is all set to ban liquor in the state, officials said on Saturday.
Chief Minister Raman Singh yesterday said at a function that his Government has made up its mind to ban the sale and manufacture of alcohol in the state, officials said.
Singh has said Chhattisgarh is ready to forgo the revenues generated by the liquor business and become a "model state" in alcohol prohibition, they stated.
Besides liquor, the Chief Minister also stressed on the importance to free the tribal-dominated state from consumption of tobacco and drugs, they added.
Enactment of laws is not enough to realise this goal. What is important is public awareness about the harmful effects of these substances, Singh said, adding that the
Government had already taken steps, in phases, to curb sale of liquor in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!