Ban on liquor sale in Chhattisgarh soon
Raipur: The BJP Government in Chhattisgarh is all set to ban liquor in the state, officials said on Saturday.
Chief Minister Raman Singh yesterday said at a function that his Government has made up its mind to ban the sale and manufacture of alcohol in the state, officials said.
Singh has said Chhattisgarh is ready to forgo the revenues generated by the liquor business and become a "model state" in alcohol prohibition, they stated.
Besides liquor, the Chief Minister also stressed on the importance to free the tribal-dominated state from consumption of tobacco and drugs, they added.
Enactment of laws is not enough to realise this goal. What is important is public awareness about the harmful effects of these substances, Singh said, adding that the
Government had already taken steps, in phases, to curb sale of liquor in the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane