Ban on liquor sale in Chhattisgarh soon
Raipur: The BJP Government in Chhattisgarh is all set to ban liquor in the state, officials said on Saturday.
Chief Minister Raman Singh yesterday said at a function that his Government has made up its mind to ban the sale and manufacture of alcohol in the state, officials said.
Singh has said Chhattisgarh is ready to forgo the revenues generated by the liquor business and become a "model state" in alcohol prohibition, they stated.
Besides liquor, the Chief Minister also stressed on the importance to free the tribal-dominated state from consumption of tobacco and drugs, they added.
Enactment of laws is not enough to realise this goal. What is important is public awareness about the harmful effects of these substances, Singh said, adding that the
Government had already taken steps, in phases, to curb sale of liquor in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday