Bastar will soon be free from Naxals: Raman Singh
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman
Singh has asserted that the naxal-infested Bastar region will
soon be free from the violence triggered by ultras there.
"The state government is committed towards creating a
congenial atmosphere for common people in Bastar and will
ensure that there will be no paucity of funds in bringing
development to the region," Singh said yesterday during his
visit to Dantewada region.
On the occasion of Navratri festival, which began from
yesterday, Singh said his government would launch an ambulance
service for locals.
The chief minister has given go ahead for developmental
works to the tune of Rs 135 crore in the district, officials
Bastar is part of the `Red Corridor` that experiences
considerable Naxalite insurgency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry