Bastar will soon be free from Naxals: Raman Singh
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman
Singh has asserted that the naxal-infested Bastar region will
soon be free from the violence triggered by ultras there.
"The state government is committed towards creating a
congenial atmosphere for common people in Bastar and will
ensure that there will be no paucity of funds in bringing
development to the region," Singh said yesterday during his
visit to Dantewada region.
On the occasion of Navratri festival, which began from
yesterday, Singh said his government would launch an ambulance
service for locals.
The chief minister has given go ahead for developmental
works to the tune of Rs 135 crore in the district, officials
Bastar is part of the `Red Corridor` that experiences
considerable Naxalite insurgency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- World's biggest online piracy site Kickass Torrents shut down, alleged owner arrested
- Tamil Nadu Budget 2016-17: All you need to know
- Need mix of fiscal, monetary policies to deal with Brexit: FM Jaitley
- Rio Olympics 2016: CAS rejects Russia appeal, bars athletes from mega event
- This manatee is interested in paddleboarding – Watch video!