BJP CMs were opposed to auction of coal blocks: Hariprasad
Raipur: Congress on Thursday said that the BJP is running away from debate in Parliament on the issue of coal blocks allocation as chief ministers of BJP-ruled states themselves had opposed the auctions of coal blocks.
Addressing a press conference here, Congress general secretary and Chhattisgarh in charge B K Hariprasad alleged that Chhattisgarh`s chief minister Raman Singh too had opposed the auction route and proposed direct allotment of coal blocks to the industries.
He said that it is the states which play an important role in the allocation of coal blocks, but BJP is trying to mislead the people.
He also alleged that CAG had mentioned about Rs 1,000 crore scam in coal block allocation in Chhattisgarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Tattoo alert: Reasons why you shouldn't get inked with any religious symbol!
- Oops! Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah gets kissed by woman in public — Watch video
- Iraqi army declares Fallujah fully liberated from Islamic State
- Priyanka Chopra opens up about her Hollywood debut 'Baywatch'! – Read more
- How al Qaeda radicalises youth and trains them, reveals arrested militant leader