BJP CMs were opposed to auction of coal blocks: Hariprasad
Raipur: Congress on Thursday said that the BJP is running away from debate in Parliament on the issue of coal blocks allocation as chief ministers of BJP-ruled states themselves had opposed the auctions of coal blocks.
Addressing a press conference here, Congress general secretary and Chhattisgarh in charge B K Hariprasad alleged that Chhattisgarh`s chief minister Raman Singh too had opposed the auction route and proposed direct allotment of coal blocks to the industries.
He said that it is the states which play an important role in the allocation of coal blocks, but BJP is trying to mislead the people.
He also alleged that CAG had mentioned about Rs 1,000 crore scam in coal block allocation in Chhattisgarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'