BJP CMs were opposed to auction of coal blocks: Hariprasad
Raipur: Congress on Thursday said that the BJP is running away from debate in Parliament on the issue of coal blocks allocation as chief ministers of BJP-ruled states themselves had opposed the auctions of coal blocks.
Addressing a press conference here, Congress general secretary and Chhattisgarh in charge B K Hariprasad alleged that Chhattisgarh`s chief minister Raman Singh too had opposed the auction route and proposed direct allotment of coal blocks to the industries.
He said that it is the states which play an important role in the allocation of coal blocks, but BJP is trying to mislead the people.
He also alleged that CAG had mentioned about Rs 1,000 crore scam in coal block allocation in Chhattisgarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss