BJP flays Congress leader Hariprasad`s remark on RSS
Raipur: Congress General Secretary BK Hariprasad`s reported critical remark on the RSS has evoked sharp reaction from the ruling BJP in Chhattisgarh.
According to local media reports, Hariprasad, in- charge of Congress affairs in Chhattisgarh, has accused RSS of creating "dispute" between religions.
Speaking at a two-day training camp of Congress workers in tribal-dominated Sarguja district of Chhattisgarh, he reportedly said the "Sangh Parivar can go to any extent to grab power".
State BJP President Ramsevak Paikra on Thursday described Hariprasad`s remark as "irresponsible" and "undignified".
Paikra said Hariprasad has "lost his mental balance and he needs to visit a psychiatrist".
Congress leaders who have sympathy for terrorists and Naxals cannot tolerate nationalists, the BJP leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?