BJP govt has failed Chhattisgarh: Sonia Gandhi
Zee Media Bureau
Raipur: UPA chairperson and Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Tuesday slammed the BJP government in Chhattisgarh for lack of development, while kicking off her party`s election campaign for the second phase of polling on November 19.
Addressing a rally in Bhilai, the Congress chief said, "It is due to the BJP`s wrong policies that despite having all resources, Chhattisgarh has not progressed."
"There is misgovernance under BJP`s rule in Chhattisgarh. They have failed to develop the state. "Sonia said adding, "Steel Plant in Bhilai was started by Nehru, it is famous in the world."
Sonia is also expected to address another rally in Chhattisgarh today.
Ahead of Sonia`s visit, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi had addressed election rallies here in Rajnandgaon and Kanker (north Bastar) on November 8 and he is due to address rallies in Surajpur and Bilaspur on November 16.
Eighteen Constituencies spread over eight districts in south Chhattisgarh went to polls on Monday while the remaining 72 segments will go into polls on November 19. As many as 985 candidates are in the fray for 90 seats.
In view of Maoist threat, security has been heightened across the state, particularly in the Maoist-affected regions.
In the aftermath of Patna serial blasts allegedly targeting BJP`s PM candidate Narendra Modi, the party had demanded high-level security for the Gujarat Chief Minister.
Taking a serious note of the Maoist threat, the Centre had already deployed an additional 400 companies (40,000 personnel) of paramilitary forces to ensure peaceful polling in Chhattisgarh.
After the peaceful completion of the first phase, the polling for the second phase will be held on November 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Ranji games at neutral venues, Duleep's zonal system scrapped
- Donald Trump slams Barack Obama for not mentioning Pearl Harbour attack
- Zee Media Exclusive: BJP will do better than 2014 in 2019 General Elections, says Rajnath Singh
- French prosecutor considering Qatar 2022 World Cup investigation
- Japanese investors keen to invest in India's infra growth story: Arun Jaitley