BJP govt has failed Chhattisgarh: Sonia Gandhi
Zee Media Bureau
Raipur: UPA chairperson and Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Tuesday slammed the BJP government in Chhattisgarh for lack of development, while kicking off her party`s election campaign for the second phase of polling on November 19.
Addressing a rally in Bhilai, the Congress chief said, "It is due to the BJP`s wrong policies that despite having all resources, Chhattisgarh has not progressed."
"There is misgovernance under BJP`s rule in Chhattisgarh. They have failed to develop the state. "Sonia said adding, "Steel Plant in Bhilai was started by Nehru, it is famous in the world."
Sonia is also expected to address another rally in Chhattisgarh today.
Ahead of Sonia`s visit, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi had addressed election rallies here in Rajnandgaon and Kanker (north Bastar) on November 8 and he is due to address rallies in Surajpur and Bilaspur on November 16.
Eighteen Constituencies spread over eight districts in south Chhattisgarh went to polls on Monday while the remaining 72 segments will go into polls on November 19. As many as 985 candidates are in the fray for 90 seats.
In view of Maoist threat, security has been heightened across the state, particularly in the Maoist-affected regions.
In the aftermath of Patna serial blasts allegedly targeting BJP`s PM candidate Narendra Modi, the party had demanded high-level security for the Gujarat Chief Minister.
Taking a serious note of the Maoist threat, the Centre had already deployed an additional 400 companies (40,000 personnel) of paramilitary forces to ensure peaceful polling in Chhattisgarh.
After the peaceful completion of the first phase, the polling for the second phase will be held on November 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP