BJP MP alleges his daughter-in-law is `mentally unstable`
Raipur: After his daughter-in-law alleged torture by in-laws, BJP Rajya Sabha MP from Chhattisgarh Nand Kumar Sai on Monday claimed that she was "mentally unstable".
Hemanti Sai, 32-year-old daughter-in-law of the tribal leader, last week accused him of torture, and alleged that she was thrown out of the house by her husband`s family.
"It was baseless and false...My daughter-in-law is mentally unstable," Sai said at a press conference here.
He claimed that his family became aware of "problem with her" after the birth of her elder son. "We took her to a hospital for check-up in Ranchi (Jharkhand) where the doctor said she was mentally unstable," the MP claimed.
Sai alleged that earlier this year Hemanti attacked his son, following which they took the issue to "Samaj" (community). He also presented a prescription of Central Institute of Psychiatry, Ranchi, in her name.
The matter was before the members of her community, he said. "The meeting of the Samaj is on April 28.... Whatever may be the decision, it will be accepted," he said.
"The manner in which it was presented (in the media), it almost seems like there is something behind this," he added.
About the custody of two grandsons, he said, "Naturally, the children always stay with their father, they never live with mother."
Hemanti Sai had alleged that she was subjected to mental and physical torture by her father-in-law for many years, and her husband Arvind beat her up and drove her out of house.
Hemanti, a native of Chandrimunda in Jharkhand, got married to Arvind ten years ago. They have two children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal