BJP MP alleges his daughter-in-law is `mentally unstable`
Raipur: After his daughter-in-law alleged torture by in-laws, BJP Rajya Sabha MP from Chhattisgarh Nand Kumar Sai on Monday claimed that she was "mentally unstable".
Hemanti Sai, 32-year-old daughter-in-law of the tribal leader, last week accused him of torture, and alleged that she was thrown out of the house by her husband`s family.
"It was baseless and false...My daughter-in-law is mentally unstable," Sai said at a press conference here.
He claimed that his family became aware of "problem with her" after the birth of her elder son. "We took her to a hospital for check-up in Ranchi (Jharkhand) where the doctor said she was mentally unstable," the MP claimed.
Sai alleged that earlier this year Hemanti attacked his son, following which they took the issue to "Samaj" (community). He also presented a prescription of Central Institute of Psychiatry, Ranchi, in her name.
The matter was before the members of her community, he said. "The meeting of the Samaj is on April 28.... Whatever may be the decision, it will be accepted," he said.
"The manner in which it was presented (in the media), it almost seems like there is something behind this," he added.
About the custody of two grandsons, he said, "Naturally, the children always stay with their father, they never live with mother."
Hemanti Sai had alleged that she was subjected to mental and physical torture by her father-in-law for many years, and her husband Arvind beat her up and drove her out of house.
Hemanti, a native of Chandrimunda in Jharkhand, got married to Arvind ten years ago. They have two children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception