BJP MP Murarilal Singh passes away in Raipur
Raipur: BJP MP from Chhattisgarh`s Sarguja constituency, Murarilal Singh, passed away today at a private hospital here following a brain stroke.
Singh, 62, died at Ramkrishna Care Hospital early this morning due to brain stroke, a doctor attending him said.
Murarilal was admitted to the hospital five days back after he suffered a heart attack, the doctor said.
The leader then underwent an angioplasty and other treatment and he showed sign of early recovery following which he was discharged from the hospital.
However, his family members re-admitted him to the hospital last evening after he complained of uneasiness.
Singh is survived by wife, a daughter and a son.
A prominent tribal leader, Murarilal had raised the tribal issues of northern Chhattisgarh since his inception in the Janata Party in 1977.
In 1980, he was made BJP`s nominee from Pilkha Assembly constituency of the region in erstwhile Madhya Pradesh, but he lost that time.
Subsequently, he was elevated to the post of BJP mandal president of Surajpur and later elected first time MLA in 1990 from the region.
He played a prominent role in establishing foot hold of the saffron outfit in tribal-dominated Sarguja region as an active Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh member, due to which he was given ticket from Sarguja Lok Sabha seat in 2009.
BJP state chief Ramsewak Paikra expressed profound grief over his death.
Paikra said that Singh devoted his entire life to the social service.
His final rites will be performed in his native Dedri village in Surajpur tomorrow, party sources said.
Following the death, two Lok Sabha seats have turned vacant in Chhattisgarh as four months back, veteran BJP leader and MP from Bilaspur seat Dilip Singh Judeo had passed away after a prolonged illness.
Of the 11 Lok Sabha seats in Chhattisgarh, 10 were won by BJP in the last general elections while one seat was won by Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video