BJP MPs to donate a month`s salary to flood-hit Uttarakhand
Raipur: BJP`s MPs, MLAs and other elected representatives in Chhattisgarh have decided to contribute one month`s salary to help flood-ravaged Uttarakhand.
"BJP MPs, MLAs, mayors, corporators and other elected representatives will contribute one month`s salary to Uttarakhand government to help relief efforts in the flood-hit region," BJP spokesperson Shivratan Sharma said here on Thursday.
A decision to this effect was taken during a meeting of BJP leaders in the presence of Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh and the party`s national joint general secretary Saudan Singh this evening.
Teams from the state are already monitoring relief measures and rescue operations in Uttarakhand, he said.
Raman Singh has already announced an aid of Rs 5 crore from the CM`s relief fund to Uttarakhand government for the relief and rehabilitation of victims.
According to an official release, over 700 people from Chhattisgarh are safe and at various places in Uttarakhand.
Although the state government is not in a position to know the exact number of pilgrims stranded in Uttarakhand, official sources said over a hundred pilgrims from Chhattisgarh are still missing.
A helpline is also being set up in all districts of the state to provide latest information about those stranded at various pilgrimage sites in Uttarakhand.
The state government has sent Uma Devi, Resident Commissioner of New Delhi-based Chhattisgarh Bhavan, and Disaster Management Secretary K R Pisda to Uttarakhand to help stranded pilgrims from Chhattisgarh.
Four teams from Chhattisgarh have also been sent to Uttarakhand to evacuate pilgrims from Chhattisgarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days