`BJP will continue at helm in Chhattisgarh on pro-incumbency factor`
Raipur: Facing criticism from a section of leaders over ticket distribution for forthcoming Assembly elections in Chhattisgarh, the BJP Tuesday said "pro-incumbency factor" will help the party to continue at the helm for the third consecutive term.
BJP national general secretary and state-in-charge JP Nadda told reporters the party would consolidate growth it has set in motion during the two terms, in next five years if it comes to power.
"With the pro-incumbency factor, people`s trust and hope in our party and development issues, we are all prepared to go to polls," Nadda said while addressing a press conference.
He asserted that the development works carried out by the Raman Singh government, coupled with pro-people policies and committed workers, will work in the favour of BJP to retain power.
"Chhattisgarh`s PDS, food security bill, paddy procurement are being considered as examples. The State has set the milestones of development in various fields over last ten years. This drastic progress is being talked about across the country," Nadda said.
He lauded Raman Singh Government for good governance and policies catering to all sections of society.
Chhattisgarh is going to polls in two phases on November 11 and 19.
Responding to a query on resignation of veteran party leader and former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s niece Karuna Shukla on the ground of being sidelined in the party, Nadda said, "this is an internal matter of BJP and talks are on with her".
On discontent among MLAs who were denied tickets and other aspirants, he said leaders who are sulking will be taken along to fight elections unitedly.
BJP has so far denied tickets to a total of 13 sitting legislators out of 50 in the 90-member Legislative Assembly, and announced nominees for 88 seats barring Sitapur and Vaishalinagar constituencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP triumphs across state; hung verdict in BMC elections