BJP will perform better in Chhattisgarh elections: Raman Singh
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh today said that voting percentage in the state, including the Bastar region, would increase and BJP would register better results than the previous Assembly polls.
"Voting percentage will increase in this election. The BJP will win more than 15 out these 18 seats," Raman Singh said, referring to 18 assembly segments of the Bastar region and Rajnandgaon district, where people will vote on Monday.
The BJP government`s welfare and development works have positively impacted people from all sections in the state and the party is contesting polls on the issue of development, he said.
He criticized Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for his statement that Chhattisgarh government is being applauded for the success of its Public Distribution System though it is funded by the central government.
The chief minister said that every state has its own share in government revenue at the Centre and the money received is meant for the public. The Prime Minister should compare Chhattisgarh with other states for effective PDS implementation, he said.
"Chhattisgarh successfully achieved food security long before others who have now recognized it as an issue," he said.
He said that Maoist violence at Darbha?Jhiram Ghati in May this year should not be politicized, when asked about the possibility of its impact on poll prospects.
Criticizing the central government for the Maoist problem, he said it has been recognized as the biggest threat to democracy in the country.
Though an Integrated Action Plan (IAP) has often been stressed upon, there has been no road map to implement the IAP, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say