Block education officer held for taking bribe
Raipur: A Block Education Officer in Chhattisgarh`s Kanker district was Friday arrested for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 4,000 for clearing bills, the Anti Corruption Bureau said.
"46-year-old Angad Ram Kaur, the block education officer posted at Durgkondal in the district, was caught while accepting bribe of Rs 4,000 for clearing the bills of spending on institutional aid to students," an ACB official said.
The complainant, Trilokinath Chiran - superintendent of a residential school at Surungdoh village in the region - said the state government spends Rs 650 on scholarship of each student in the school, housing 46 pupils.
In this regard, the hostel superintendent prepares bill of the spending and presents it to the BEO for clearance.
Angad had earlier allegedly demanded Rs 1,000 every month as bribe for clearing the bills and recently he was demanding Rs 4,000 for it, the official said, adding that the deal was settled for today.
Meanwhile, Trilokinath registered a complaint against Angad at Jagdalpur.
After verifying the complaint, the trap was laid and the BEO was arrested while he was allegedly accepting the money, the official said.
A case under various sections of Prevention of Corruption Act has been registered against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- PM Modi condoles former Singapore President Nathan's death
- No. 1 in Tests: Pakistan cricket team's rise completes journey from isolation to triumph
- Oh fresh! Check out Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor's chemistry in this latest still from 'Befikre'
- Watch: Pune bakery workers forced to do sit-ups for refusing to pay donation for Ganesh festival
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Assam