Block education officer held for taking bribe
Raipur: A Block Education Officer in Chhattisgarh`s Kanker district was Friday arrested for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 4,000 for clearing bills, the Anti Corruption Bureau said.
"46-year-old Angad Ram Kaur, the block education officer posted at Durgkondal in the district, was caught while accepting bribe of Rs 4,000 for clearing the bills of spending on institutional aid to students," an ACB official said.
The complainant, Trilokinath Chiran - superintendent of a residential school at Surungdoh village in the region - said the state government spends Rs 650 on scholarship of each student in the school, housing 46 pupils.
In this regard, the hostel superintendent prepares bill of the spending and presents it to the BEO for clearance.
Angad had earlier allegedly demanded Rs 1,000 every month as bribe for clearing the bills and recently he was demanding Rs 4,000 for it, the official said, adding that the deal was settled for today.
Meanwhile, Trilokinath registered a complaint against Angad at Jagdalpur.
After verifying the complaint, the trap was laid and the BEO was arrested while he was allegedly accepting the money, the official said.
A case under various sections of Prevention of Corruption Act has been registered against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India