Block education officer held for taking bribe
Raipur: A Block Education Officer in Chhattisgarh`s Kanker district was Friday arrested for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 4,000 for clearing bills, the Anti Corruption Bureau said.
"46-year-old Angad Ram Kaur, the block education officer posted at Durgkondal in the district, was caught while accepting bribe of Rs 4,000 for clearing the bills of spending on institutional aid to students," an ACB official said.
The complainant, Trilokinath Chiran - superintendent of a residential school at Surungdoh village in the region - said the state government spends Rs 650 on scholarship of each student in the school, housing 46 pupils.
In this regard, the hostel superintendent prepares bill of the spending and presents it to the BEO for clearance.
Angad had earlier allegedly demanded Rs 1,000 every month as bribe for clearing the bills and recently he was demanding Rs 4,000 for it, the official said, adding that the deal was settled for today.
Meanwhile, Trilokinath registered a complaint against Angad at Jagdalpur.
After verifying the complaint, the trap was laid and the BEO was arrested while he was allegedly accepting the money, the official said.
A case under various sections of Prevention of Corruption Act has been registered against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog