Block education officer held for taking bribe
Raipur: A Block Education Officer in Chhattisgarh`s Kanker district was Friday arrested for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 4,000 for clearing bills, the Anti Corruption Bureau said.
"46-year-old Angad Ram Kaur, the block education officer posted at Durgkondal in the district, was caught while accepting bribe of Rs 4,000 for clearing the bills of spending on institutional aid to students," an ACB official said.
The complainant, Trilokinath Chiran - superintendent of a residential school at Surungdoh village in the region - said the state government spends Rs 650 on scholarship of each student in the school, housing 46 pupils.
In this regard, the hostel superintendent prepares bill of the spending and presents it to the BEO for clearance.
Angad had earlier allegedly demanded Rs 1,000 every month as bribe for clearing the bills and recently he was demanding Rs 4,000 for it, the official said, adding that the deal was settled for today.
Meanwhile, Trilokinath registered a complaint against Angad at Jagdalpur.
After verifying the complaint, the trap was laid and the BEO was arrested while he was allegedly accepting the money, the official said.
A case under various sections of Prevention of Corruption Act has been registered against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister